Discussion ‘The Sword of Damocles of the Ukrainian Literature: How a Counterfeit Kills the Book Market’.
6th August, 4.00 pm, Odessa National Scientific Library.
Livestreaming to the Facebook page of the festival (the recording will be also available after the livestreaming).
Issues to be discussed:
• What is counterfeit, contraband, piracy. Differences.
• How major is the problem of contraband and counterfeit?
• Where does the counterfeit literature come from?
• How is counterfeit sold?
• What system changes can serve to the Ukrainian book market?
• Reminder: how a cross reader can differ a counterfeit from an original.
▷ Oleksandr Kirpichov, CEO at BOOKCHEF Publishing;
▷ Ivan Bogdan, CEO at Yakaboo (online);
▷ Viktor Kruglov, Director General of the Publishing House ‘Ranok’ (online);
▷ Oleksandr Afonin, President of the public association ‘Ukrainian Association of Book Publishers and Book Sellers’;
▷ Iryna Biriukova, Director General of Odessa National Scientific Library.
➤ The project is supported by the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation.
➤ The standpoint of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation might discord with the authors` viewpoints.